What is Impact Makers?
Impact Makers is a management and technology consulting company with a focus in healthcare, based in Richmond, Virginia. We are a for profit company
but we have no shareholders and we contribute our profits and pro bono consulting support to local, healthcare related charities.
Who are Our Charity Partners?
- Rx Partnership manages the provision of donated pharmaceuticals to Virginia’s free clinics.
- Family Lifeline provides in-home medical support to pregnant women and families with young children in the greater Richmond area.
What Do We Do?
- Project Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Healthcare/Medical Management Strategy and Implementation
- Founded in October 2006
- Nation’s first “competitive social venture”
- Created to 1) transform work into community value and 2) address nonprofits’ need to balance fundraising against their primary services
2011 Impact Report
- Our 2011 highlights, including company growth and charitable contributions
Recent Press Coverage
- Inc. ranked Impact Makers 360th on their 2012 Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
- Richmond Times Dispatch featured Impact Makers’ business model and our community charity partner CHIP of Greater Richmond (now part
of Family Lifeline).
- Virginia Business Magazine described Impact Makers and the benefit corporation legislation that we championed.
- Ventura County Star highlighted our social entrepreneurship model.
- The ABA Journal featured Impact Makers’ business model and discussed benefit corporation laws.
The Social Impact Movement
- Impact Makers is a national thought leader in the social impact movement, helping businesses to transform economic value into social value into their communities.
- Impact Makers is a founding member of B Corp. B Corp is an organization that certifies companies as meeting comprehensive and transparent social and environmental performance standards.
- Impact Makers also championed the passage of Benefit Corporation legislation in Virginia. Benefit Corporations are stock corporations that have elected to incorporate with the business purpose of creating a positive impact on society and the environment in addition to generating profits.
- Virginia’s Benefit Corporation law took effect on July 1, 2011. Virginia was the fourth state in the country to enact such legislation.
- See http://impactmakers.org/2011/willett-rtd-2011-10-03 for an article and link to video for more information.
- Our business model inspired consultants in Cincinnati, Ohio to create a management and technology company modeled after Impact Makers.
- Ingage Partners uses a significant percentage of its profits to fund charitable organizations in the Cincinnati area.
- See http://impactmakers.org/2011/ingage-partners
Impact Makers Logo
Our logo is available for limited use in approved media coverage.
For media inquiries, please contact Rodney Willett at email@example.com or (804) 363-1534.