Impact Makers is a management and IT consulting firm that contributes profits to our charity partners, Rx Partnership and Family Lifeline. In 2012, Impact Makers contributed more than $76,000 in direct, unrestricted financial support to these organizations and provided more than 200 hours of pro bono management and technology consulting support to them. Over the past year Impact Makers’ financial and professional support has contributed significantly to the ability of these organizations to empower and support tens of thousands of citizens in our community.
Rx Partnership provides free prescription medications to qualifying uninsured patients of Virginia’s free clinics. In 2012, Impact Makers’ financial and in-kind contributions to Rx Partnership resulted in more than 9,954 free and vital prescriptions for 1,851 uninsured people in Virginia. We also provided pro bono technical support to Rx Partnership.
Contributions to Family Lifeline,ensure continued success of programs for children’s health and prevention. In 2012, this meant:
- 98% of participating children were connected to a medical home
- 95% of participating children received all doctor recommended immunizations
- 94% of participating children were connected to a pediatric dentist
- 90% of participating children were routinely screens for developmental delays
Additionally, Impact Makers provided pro bono consulting to Family Lifeline that included leadership coaching, a leadership and organizational inventory and the development of a change leadership process.
Impact Makers’ contributions to Safe Harbor in 2006-2007 allowed them to add a Spanish-speaking case worker, provide support groups in Spanish, and expand their outreach to Hispanic/Latina survivors of domestic violence and abuse.
Impact Makers’ past partner CHIP of Greater Richmond (Children’s Health Involving Parents) merged with Family Lifeline which continues to support the programs.
B Impact Assessment
For more information on our community impact, see our B Corporation assessment rating and scores. B Corps pass an independent assessment in order to be certified. We are a community of more than 681 organizations using business as a force for good.
In the interest of full transparency, Impact Makers also publishes our Impact Assessment Full Report.
About Our Community Partnerships
Impact Makers is a for profit company but has no shareholders and contributes profits to local, healthcare related charities. We endeavor to partner with as many local non-profits as our continued success will allow. Our impact on the community will continue to grow as our firm grows. As we move forward, the number of organizations we are able to support will be the measure of our success.
Our community impact is guided by four important principals. They allow the community to support our efforts with the least potential for conflict and with full disclosure of our process.
- We will partner with local, non-profit, community organizations – ensuring our profits will always be used to improve the quality of life in our own backyards.
- Our partners will be secular, apolitical organizations in existence to help people help themselves to improve their lives.
- Our Board of Directors is empowered to make all the decisions regarding the organizations we select to be our partners.
- The Board will hold our executive leadership accountable to maximize our profits while growing our firm and will allow the public to view our records.
Impact Makers wants our community impact to surpass the financial support we provide our partners. We encourage our firm’s employees to support and partner with non-profits by spending time with them.
We provide every employee the opportunity to spend part of the week, each week, working with our partner organizations, or any community organization they prefer, while being paid by Impact Makers. In this way, our support and partnership with local non-profits deepens well beyond the fiscal support our firm supplies and provides the opportunity for our people to make a personal impact on their community.
Letters from Our Partners
Read letters from our past and current partners citing the impact that our donations had on their organizations.